Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Aftermaths

The weather in the Midwest has been so very UNpredictable!  First we lost our Spring, well, had about 2 weeks of spring then went directly into the "Dog Days" of Summer! Sweltering...to say the least.  And the storms!  Wow - those really HAVE been something to write home about.  In my little part of the world, the trees are still standing and the river is still in it's banks....but in my hometown, they've been hit hard!  There are many beautiful trees that are down in the state parks making them inhospitable to campers.  The power has been out for many people for as many as 4 days - and in THIS HEAT and HUMIDITY that's NOT a good thing!

I know there are still people I love who are dealing with the aftermath of tornados that have torn up their homes and towns....there are still people I love who are dealing with the aftermath of flooding....there are still people I love who are dealing with the aftermath of the power outages..those are the people that I am still praying for as that's all I can do from here. But the power of prayer is enormous!

So when you get ready to lay your head on your pillow - please say a prayer for those that are still awake and dealing with the aftermath of something!

1 comment: