Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Versatile Vinegar - who knew?!!

So, I'm trying to save money these days and trying the "natural" way to clean the house, yard, me!  I never knew there were SO many uses for uses for Vinegar!  I knew it was great for glass cleaner, cleaning the toilet and shining up shoes and handbags but I had no idea it would be great for droopy flowers, killing weeds and making my nail polish last longer!  Looks like I'll be putting vinegar on the top of my grocery list from now on!! Take a peek at some of the other things it can do!!
Repair DVDs.
If you have a worn DVD that skips or freezes, wipe it down with white
distilled vinegar applied to a soft cloth. Make sure the DVD is
completely dry before reinserting it into the player.
Remove wax.
If you get melted candle wax on your wood furniture or floors, gently
wipe it away with a cloth soaked in a solution of equal parts white
vinegar and water.
Unclog drains.
For a natural, nontoxic way to clean clogged pipes, pour one cup of
baking soda, followed by one cup of white vinegar, down the drain. Let
the products bubble and foam, then flush the pipes with a pot of boiling
water.
Soften your feet.
Summer sandals leaving you with cracked heals and calluses? Soak your
feet for 20 minutes a day in one part vinegar to two parts warm water.
The vinegar removes dead skin, leaving your feet soft and smooth.







No comments:

Post a Comment