Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Phil Collins LIVE - at a Miami Middle School!



I would have loved to see him perform this live but I'll settle for the video! Here's the article by David Onda...and the video too!


Phil Collins; Collins performs at school (Photos: Thomas Niedermueller/Getty, YouTube)

Phil Collins has not performed a live show since
2010, but the Genesis frontman recently returned to the stage… to
perform with a middle school band.


The 63-year-old singer, who announced his retirement due to health
issues in 2011, made a surprise appearance at the Miami Country Day
School’s spring music concert, where he performed “In the Air Tonight”
and “Land of Confusion” with his son’s band.


“I was nervous, because I’ve been doing this all my life, but it’s
still, ‘How good could it be? How good could it be tonight?’” Collins
said after taking the stage. ”And all of these kids came up to me
yesterday and were very, very pleasant, very, very nice, very polite,
and they all made me feel like part of the band. I even dressed in black
and white. They’re a bunch of great kids, and they’re sounding very
good tonight.”


Collins reportedly gave the performance at the request of his 13-year-old son Nicholas, who accompanied his dad on the drums at the concert. Nicholas, who is one of the singer’s two children with third wife Orianne Cevey, also presented his dad with a document making him an honorary member of the Miami Country Day Radio Ensemble.



No comments:

Post a Comment