Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Resolution - Gratitude

Wow, what is my New Year's resolution?  I'm not making one this year because I always seem to break it within the first month!

Rather I'm going to do a "Gratitude Journal"!!  You know, writing down things that happened that you are grateful for and, taking it one step further, putting down names of PEOPLE you're grateful for.  I'll start with the person who anonymously paid for my Subway sandwich as I traveled over the holidays. (Thank you!)

Or maybe I'll write down the names of the people I want to SHOW more gratitude to this year, because they've helped me in some way, shape or form last year.  Expressing thankfulness to others actually encourages THEM, strengthens your relationship WITH them and puts you in the position to RECEIVE their goodwill in the future!  (Top of my list is my hubby!)

Focusing on the good things that happen to you can change your perspective of your day and your life!  The universe is abundant - concentrate on what you have and you will have more....But if you focus on what you don't have, you will never have enough!

As John Maxwell said, "Although life can only be understood looking backwards, it can only be lived moving forward. No matter what has transpired this past year, today is a blank slate."

Au Revoir, Adios, Arrivederci, Auf Wiedersehen, Pozegnanie, Good Bye 2010......Hello 2011 - I'm glad you're here!

2 comments:

  1. Great job on your blog, Liz! I love your spirit and attitude. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete